Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Miserably ever after ???

Well,I had seen this one coming. After being repeatedly questioned on this. I decided to make it a note to my next post.

Why are all my posts sad/about broken hearts/lost love/depressing topics. Why can't I write about happier stuff?


So..here's my answer to it. Misery likes company. I have never heard of any such phrase when it comes to happiness. And it's not like all my posts are tear jerking or nerve wrecking. I like to think that my writing is a queer mix of humor, sarcasm and the occasional pain or numbness. Well mostly sarcasm? I find no joy in writing about how happy I am. I am sure I won't have anything to write on that topic for more than a day ! I am thankful for all the blessings in my life, but again who wants to read about that either.

My regular day is very average. So I have no new awesome topics to explore. Hence I stick to the ordinary and easily relatable areas of human emotions which I am sure every person would have experienced atleast once in this lifetime.

And oh if it helps, maybe this one poem I had memorized as a kid might be a better answer to the question.

“Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child born on the Sabbath Day,
Is fair and wise and good and gay. “

When I had read this for the first time in my life, I guess I was around 8 or 9. And even though my mom knew my date of birth and the year of birth and even the time of birth, she had absolutely no clue which day of the week it was. So the optimist in me preferred to believe that the fateful day was a Sunday. For a long time I grew up with that firm belief. But eventually I did find out the day of the week. Any guesses?

No comments: