Monday, October 14, 2013

I love you. Thank you.

I knew I would be ridiculed for this. For a very long time to come. But I also knew, I couldn't stand one more day without knowing it. It was too much to take. I knew my side of the story. I had to know his. And I wasn't going to wait around for him to do it.

I realized I would be breaking every rule in the book by taking the first step. But it was easier to justify my conscience than a group of jobless people who came up with a silly rule book in the first place.

Ever so gingerly, I finally took the initiative. Without much drama, I summarized my life's biggest truth. To him. In just 3 beautiful words. I Love You.

I was expecting a Yes. Or a No. Or even a Maybe. But I was not prepared for a Thank You.

Where does one go from here now?

He came back to me. Eventually. But his answer was still a Thank You.

Does one say Thank you after making love? I wish I did. To him. After our first time. 

Because now, there is no other way to make him understand how I feel.

No comments: