Friday, September 20, 2013

365 days marathon



So here’s a thought that struck me today morning. Not original I admit. This is a tried and tested routine plenty of times. Not by me. But by others with as much free time as I have (I would assume). 

Anyways, here’s what I want to do with at-least an hour of the much wasted away time in my hands. Write a new story every day, for the next 365 days. As cliche as it sounds, I still prefer to call it the ‘365 days marathon’. And if I am going ahead, might as well go ahead all the way. So why declare it a 20 days marathon or 30 days marathon when I can be highly optimistic and hope to drag it on for 365 days !

I am hoping that this effort will give me some much needed discipline in my life and a focus so that I don’t go around roaming the entire day wondering what next.

Moreover, I do remember reading somewhere that if you do something for 21 days without a break, it becomes a habit. This is certainly a theory I am yet to fully support, so hopefully my new venture might give me a reason to believe it. That is, if I stick on to it for 21 days in the first place J.


I thought of waiting for a good date to start. I mean today is Thursday the 19th September. There is nothing significant about this date or day. I would prefer to start on a Monday or Friday or Wednesday or Sunday or a 20th or 25th … But then again, instead of waiting and postponing again, I am starting today. After all it is the 20th Friday in some part of the globe already. 

So here goes...either I turn out to be a woman of my words or a big fat liar or just yet another lady who loves to yap !

Disclaimer - I do NOT own the copyright to any of the photos published here in my blog. It's all from my ever faithful Google Images.

No comments: